Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Giving thanks, Singaporean style.

Who? Princeton-in-Asia crew + friends.
What? Thanksgiving potluck feast.
Where? La casa de Greg, Dan, y Kevin.
Why? "Thank you, thank you, thank you." And feasting.

Our gathering had a familial touch. It was precious. Everyone in our group went around the table to express one aspect of their own personal thanks. I have countless things to be thankful for, but on this evening, I gave specific thanks for "exploration." As I've touched upon in this blog, I've been afforded the invaluable opportunity to explore new culture(s), geographical landscape(s), friendships, a rewarding job that consistently challenges me, and deeper probing into emotional, intellectual, and physical dynamics of myself. This word, "exploration," summarizes the general breadth of my personal aspirations for this time spent in Singapore and beyond.

In addition to this one single word, I say thank you to all of you. It's beyond words to even attempt to express my gratitude for what you -- my friends, family, and even acquaintances -- mean to me and have provided for me. It's with eager excitement (understatement of the year) that I look forward to seeing many of you in California and the special someone in Boston over the holiday season.

No comments: