The weekend following the KL trek, a few of us journeyed back to Malaysia for a kelong fishing trip! A kelong is a large offshore wood platform designed for fishermen. The kelong we visited has now been modified to accommodate people looking for a fishing getaway. Imagine a very rustic open-air cabin with a lot of bunk beds (not sure how else to describe it), but just in the middle of the ocean. Awesome. There was a solid group (30+) from my school who went along with their families. I caught several smaller fish (I have no clue what kind), but subscribed to the catch-and-release strategy.
The ocean breeze and salty smell quickly evoked feelings of Pacific nostalgia. I can't wait to soon visit you my friend, Mr. Pacific Ocean.
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Your pictures are amazing. Hope you're doing well. xoxo
great pics... the one of your 'ocean swim' makes me so wish I were somewhere warm and beautiful, with bright blue water! we're still in the gray days of winter here.
keep up the posting. I hope you're well!!!
Post a Comment