Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Back to Thailand... Chiang Mai!

Dan and I really enjoyed our several days in Chiang Mai. It kinda reminded me of Thailand's version of Kyoto, Japan. It's certainly a bustling city, yet it has many pockets of cultural intimacy. Stray from a busy street, walk around a corner and you unexpectedly find yourself at the base of a stunning temple. Examples of this (in various manifestations) seemed to routinely happen. I love that.

Just one of the many...

I like.

the Three Kings Monument


Munchkin monks playing with the pay phone.

Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep

Wat, part II.
Beside the Wat, overlooking the city on a hazy day.

Muay Thai fight! (the national sport of Thailand). Have I ever mentioned that I'm training in Muay Thai in Singapore? Yes, I'm serious... watch yourself.

Durian! Gotta love that smell...

Orchids!

We managed to get outside of the city. And look at we found: elephants!


Long neck tribe. I forget the Thai name for the tribe, but that really is the translation. You can see why.

No comments: